1/10/11

A New Year

I hope everyone had a great holiday season this year. It was so great for Levi and me! I had two weeks off from work which is one of the great perks of my job. Levi was able to take some time off too, so we enjoyed being together, especially while he was out of school. We spent some time at home, but we also spent a good part of the holidays up in Layton. We both had a great Christmas, too! Levi got everything on his list and then some! He looks very handsome is the argyle sweater he got, but I think he likes The Hangover T-shirt better. Levi got me a gorgeous diamond necklace that was completely unexpected. The guy sure knows how to pick out jewlery. Now I just need to find nicer clothes to wear with it! We are blessed to have such wonderful families who help us out, and with everything they gave us for Christmas, we will be able to buy our very own washer and dryer in a few weeks. I can't wait to have the freedom to do laundry when I want!

We also had a fun New Year's celebration, and as the new year approached, we all set new years resolutions. Mine was to take better care of my body and exercise more. I have really taken a liking for Yoga in the last year, so I have decided to really take my practice seriously. I found a yoga class that I now go to on Tuesday nights, and the other nights I practice at home. Yoga is amazing! If you think it's all meditation and finding inner peace, you are way off! It kicks my butt!! The best part is how after, you can feel so worked, yet relaxed, at the same time. I love it. There is one pose that I am working on and hopefully will be able to do soon. It is very hard for me because my arms are so weak! It is called "Crow" and it requires intense concentration. It also strengthens your arms, wrists, and shoulders.

I can do it!

Levi's resolution is to loose 18 pounds by the end of June. He has been getting up really early to go to the gym in the mornings to accomplish this goal. I really admire his commitment because I know there is no way I could do all that he does. He works full-time, goes to school at night, works out in the mornings, and still has time to be a good husband and friend to me! I just love him!

I hope you all have a great 2011, and that you also take an opportunity to challenge yourself to be better in some way. We love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Go for crow! That was the first pose I decided i needed to "master" in yoga too. Once I hit it, I was hooked. You'll never go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to actually get into the position and hold it for about 5 seconds 2 weeks ago. I have been sick, so doing yoga has not been on my to-do list, but I am feeling better now! I love it though, I love the way it makes my arms BURN!

    ReplyDelete